Stump of majestic Oak Harbor Post Office Tree, 1684- 2013.
Giant Garry oak on Keister family farm which later became known as the Post Office Tree. Circa late 1950’s. Photo credit Peggy Darst Townsdin collection.
This lighthouse was carved out of a mature Garry oak tree in Oak Harbor when Seawatch condos were built in 2006.
Aptly named signage in Oak Harbor.
This mature Garry oak succumbed to invasive English Ivy in 2015. Note dark area of rot in center of tree.
Lost Garry oak due in part to soil compaction from parking lot and pavement over roots.
The shadow of a lost oak near Victory Terrace. The dead tree will be left in place to support wildlife.